Indigenous Business Hub Lead
National Aboriginal Capital Corporations Association (NACCA)
NACCA is seeking a qualified, highly motivated individual to fill the role of Indigenous Business Hub
NACCA, the National Aboriginal Capital Corporations Association, is a network of over 50 Aboriginal
Financial Institutions (AFIs) dedicated to stimulating economic growth for all Indigenous people in
Canada. NACCA’s goal is to provide opportunities for Indigenous entrepreneurs and increase prosperity
for Indigenous people in Canada.
NACCA advocates for Indigenous economic development by focusing on the following: representing the
unified voice of AFIs; publishing national and regional results of AFI work; fostering partnerships and
building capacity; and delivering programs, products, and services to AFIs.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the Indigenous Business Hub Lead is responsible for the
leadership, management, and administration of the physical and virtual Indigenous Business Hub,
including building a solid relationship with the local and national business ecosystem and rallying new
supports, partnerships, and collaborations for Indigenous entrepreneurs, program management,
communications, and day-to-day administration.
The successful candidate will be energetic, entrepreneurial, solutions-oriented, and prepared to roll up
their sleeves to build the physical and virtual Hub from the ground up that empowers and support
Indigenous entrepreneurs across the National Capital Region and Canada
• Day-to-day administration of the Hub, including opening and closing the Hub each day;
managing desk and room bookings; greeting visitors and entrepreneurs; giving tours of the Hub;
updating digital signage; light cleaning of the space and restocking of the café, bathrooms, and
kitchenette; and admitting guests into the building. Foster a strong and engaged community on-
site at the Hub, creating a warm and encouraging atmosphere.
• Administer the Pop-up Shop, guest art exhibits, special events and meetings, Mentor, and
advisor meetings, and support the anchor tenants and entrepreneurs as required.
• Manage all programming and space in the Hub, including learning sessions, advisor office hours,
monthly evening meetups and the Saturday Street markets on Somerset in the Summer.
338 SOMERSET ST. WEST, OTTAWA, ON K2P 0J9 T: (613) 688-0894 F: (613) 688-0895 WWW.NACCA.CA
• Onboard each new entrepreneur member and support them to tap into the Hub support and
community as well as the local and national ecosystem to grow their business.
• Be the face of the Hub in the community and build strong relationships with the local business
and entrepreneurship community and with Indigenous groups and organizations throughout the
community. Build the relationships and reputation of the Hub as a local meeting place for
Indigenous entrepreneurs and businesses.
• Update the WordPress website with upcoming events, directory listings, member profiles,
stories, and other content on a daily basis.
• Manage the IBHub social media channels on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn,
promoting events, partners, member entrepreneurs, programs, and stories on a daily basis.
• Develop social media graphics, content, posts, and video content for social media channels.
• Implement a monthly eNewsletter to keep Indigenous entrepreneurs and the wider community
up to date on the latest news, programs, opportunities, and stories from the IB Hub Community.
• Proactively develop and position the virtual Hub as a one-stop shop for Indigenous
entrepreneurs by proactively developing its directories, events calendar, and programming.
• Other administrative duties as required: NACCA Team Meetings and general operational and
financial administration related to the virtual and physical Hub. Special projects as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• Completed post-secondary education in a related field and/or equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
• Experience planning events
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong cross-cultural skills
Persons of Indigenous ancestry will be given preference (s. 16(1) CHRA)
This is a full-time position located in Ottawa.
Salary & Benefits
An attractive compensation package with excellent benefits including a defined benefits pension plan
NACCA is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. Workplace accommodations are
available. If contacted regarding this opportunity, please advise the Human Resources representative of
the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable
manner. Thank you to all applicants; however, only persons whose applications have been selected will
Please send resume and cover letter to HR@nacca.ca
Your application has been successfully submitted.